Provider Solutions & Development (PS&D), a wholly owned subsidiary of Providence, is calling a Senior Data Engineer. While based in Portland, Oregon, the position can sit in any Providence approved location in the US.
PS&D is the national market leader for best-in- class provider recruitment services. PS&D helps create healthier communities by partnering strategically with like-minded health care organizations to deliver exceptional provider recruitment & consultative services steeped in innovation, collaboration, and setting national best practices.
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer who will be accountable for strategically transforming important business data in our Azure cloud environment. This role focuses on using data engineering tools and theory as part of a holistic end-to-end approach to delivering universally available solutions to users. The Senior Data Engineer will lead exploration and adoption of innovative technologies, paradigms and architectures that help to continuously improve the capabilities of the team. This includes working closely with end-users and other developers to design, build and deliver complete products and supporting infrastructure. The Senior Data Engineer will demonstrate a high commitment to quality and will have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The position reports to the Operations Supervisor and is expected to work collaboratively across all areas of the organization to manage our data needs.
Essential functions in this position include:
• Acts as a subject matter expert to guide and establish data governance methodologies
• Strong knowledge of relational database design principles; performance tuning, indexing and compression, transaction management and partitioning
• Serve as a leader in the development and implementation of quality engineering methods with the team (testability, reuse, consistency, etc.)
• Design, build and delivery of quantitative analytics that improve operations
• Build processes that are fault-tolerant, self-healing, reliable, resilient, and secure
• Strong knowledge of Azure Cloud environment
• Advanced Object-Oriented programming skills in Python and Pyspark
• Advanced SQL skills including stored procedures, triggers, and advanced functions
• Data warehousing, big data, enterprise search, business intelligence, modern and mobile applications
• Best practices using tools like Azure Data Factory and other Azure cloud tools
• Familiarity working with unstructured and semi-structured data file formats and APIs
• Takes an open and transparent approach to the work by sharing code and expertise, by consulting peers for problem-solving, and being a mentor to peers
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, MIS or similar field.
9 years in data architecture, database design and optimization, data engineering and data extract transfer and load.
Commercial ETL tool experience, Informatica or other.
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
5 years of demonstrated experience in data engineering
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
About the department you will serve:
Provider Solutions & Development (PS&D) is the national market leader for best-in-class provider recruitment services. PS&D helps create healthier communities by partnering strategically with like-minded health care organizations to deliver exceptional provider recruitment, consultative services steeped in innovation, collaboration and setting national best practices.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Analytics/Business Intelligence
Req ID: 350479